BWP-1 PUMA RCWS 30
WZM > RENOVATIONS AND MODERNIZATIONS > Modernisations > BWP-1 PUMA > BWP-1 PUMA RCWS 30
Infantry fighting vehicle BWP-1 PUMA RCWS 30Dimensions
- Height with the turret 2.45 m.
- RCWS-30 RAFAEL RCWS turret with 7.62 mm MG was mounted. (R emote- C ontrolled W eapon S tation)
- Barrel elevation angle: -20° to +60°
- Turret maximum rotation speed: 1 rad/s.
- Day and night sighting system.
- Electric turret stabilisation system.
- SSP-1 OBRA passive protection system was mounted
Drive / Propulsion
- Rapidly replaceable powerpack (time of replacement up to 60 minutes) was mounted
- Rubber pads on track chains were mounted, permitting to run on public roads.
- Elastomere buffers and shock absorbers increasing the suspension resource between overhauls were installed.
- The vehicle was equipped with the lights required for public roads traffic.
- Diagnostic socket for rapid diagnostics of the propulsion unit and in accumulators was installed.
- PZUŁW FONET intercom system
- Fire extinguishing and anti-explosive system
- TAFIOS NBC protection system
- PANDORA sight protection system
- Navigation system
- Passive day and night observation devices
- Integrated UHF on-board radio post with hopping frequency.
- TPC on-board terminal
- Heating of crew department, traction engine and of the fuel
- Floats increasing the vehicle displacement and the resistance against blasts and small calibre ammunition.
- Anti-skid covers were mounted, in order to prevent the crew skids in the armour.
- The devices protecting the crew during the running with opened hatches were installed.
- Plates covering sharp parts of periscopes, doors and hatches were installed, increasing the comfort of crew and of assault.