WZM > RENOVATIONS AND MODERNIZATIONS > Modernisations > BWP-1 PUMA > BWP-1 PUMA
Modernised infantry fighting vehicle BWP-1 (BWP-1M)
- Anti-skid covers were mounted, in order to prevent the crew skids in the armour.
- Independent heating of crew department, traction engine and of the fuel was mounted.
- Fire extinguishing and anti-explosive system was mounted.
- The devices protecting the crew during the running with opened hatches were mounted.
- The clearing system was mounted.
- Passive night observation device for driver-mechanician was installed.
- Electric installation was adapted for firing simulator connection.
- Integrated system of vehicle protection against chemical and radioactive contamination and the system of sight and face protection against luminous effect close to nuclear explosion were installed
- Passive day and night sight was installed
- Diagnostic socket for rapid diagnostics of the propulsion unit was installed
- Plates covering sharp parts of periscopes, doors and hatches were installed, increasing the comfort of crew and of assault
- Elastomere buffers and shock absorbers increasing the suspension resource between overhauls were installed
- Active protection system, using 81 mm blast grenades launcher, was installed
- On-board terminal was mounted
- Integrated system of internal communication was installed, to ensure the following functions: – phonic communication of the crew – signalisation of alarm states – phonic external communication of the crew using on-board radio post – on-board systems control – wire external phonic communication – total data transmission in radio networks, wire networks and between on-board systems – satellite navigation
- Integrated UHF on-board radio post with hopping frequency was installed
- The vehicle was equipped with external lights permitting to run on public roads
- Floats increasing the vehicle displacement and the resistance against blasts and small calibre ammunition were mounted
- Laser radiation self-protection system was installed
- Propulsion module easily interchangeable in field conditions using standard tooling equipping overhaul units was installed
- Modernised commander observation device was installed
- Rubber pads on track chains elements were mounted, permitting to run on public roads without damaging them