Medical Evacuation Vehicle RYŚ MED
The vehicle was made on WAPC RYŚ basic chassis, destined for:
- collecting wounded and shocked people from the combat field in direct contact with the enemy, and their evacuation to battalion dressing point,
- medical first aid (provided by a paramedic), including wounds and injuries dressing, and support of basic life functions,
- in case of peacekeeping mission: first medical aid including resuscitation and life functions stabilisation in the threat area.
- 4 persons (driver, commander + 2 paramedics).
- The vehicle has an add-on armour made of armour plates with composite elements.
- 12 and 24 V DC electric installation, with two conductors, made in RAYCHEM system, adapted to medical accessories connection (defibrillator, infusion liquids heater, 12 and 24 V DC accessory sockets, and 230 V AC accessory socket).
- The vehicle is equipped with 2 rotative portable searchlights.
- The vehicle is adapted to transport 4 laying or 8 sitting wounded people.
- The vehicle is equipped with stretcher fastening system and in a loading door.
- The equipment comprises: Oxygen installation, oxygen bottles 10 l, handgrips for drips, STANAG 2040 stretchers – 4 pieces, scoop stretchers with spine board stretchers, multiple use orthopaedic collars, orthopaedic splints, and splint with a grip for fast defibrillator fastening.
- The construction permits to carry the medical equipment, medicaments and portable first aid kits.
- GPS system
- UHF station
- PZUŁW FONET intercom system
- Laser radiation self-protection system
- Filtro-ventilation system
- Fire extinguishing and anti-explosive system
- NBC protection system
- The vehicle is marked according to WBN-85/1415-01 norm.