WZM S.A. were established in 1945. At the beginning, they were designated No. 2123 Military Unit in Poznań. The main task of the unit at its beginnings was the main overhauls of personal cars used by the Polish Armed Forces.
Two years ago, the unit was renamed Central Workshops for Personal Cars Repairs No. 42 which, besides the overhauls, started to train the automotive specialists. In this period, the unit was conducting main overhauls of GAZ 67, GAZ 69, Skoda 1101 and 1102, Opel Olimpia and Mercedes 170V cars. The automobile market, intensively developing after the WWII, forced the unit to begin repairs of the new types vehicles, such as Warszawa, Wołga, ZIS, Nysa, Żuk. For a short time, repairs of motorcycles, e.g. Harley Davidson and Jawa 250 and 350, have been conducted.
In 1952, WZM No. 5 in Poznań were establish replacing the Central Workshops for Personal Cars Repairs No. 42. At this time, the Works employed more than 400 specialists. Beside the overhauls, they expanded the production of spare parts for the repaired vehicles. The Works mastered the production of pistons, engine heads, leak stoppers, coolers, electric cables and bundles.
A rapid progress in military technology required a fast development of the Works.
In 1967, as the result of the decision on new directions of the Works development, the Works divisions were concentrated in their new location at 262/280, Dąbrowskiego st. in Poznań. Starting from 1969, the repair services offer has been enlarged. From 1973, the offer has been gradually extended, comprising the main overhauls of new vehicle types – armoured, tracked and wheeled – and the production of number of their spare parts.
In 2000, the Works received the ISO-9001 and AQAP-110 Quality Assurance System certificates. In 2002, WZM received the NCAGE code certificate.
In 2003, our Internal Control System obtained the certificate confirming the conformity with Law on foreign trade of goods, technologies of strategic importance for state security, and for international peacekeeping and security.
In 2003, the Ministry of Interior granted WZM the Licence No. B-356/2003 for economic activity in the area of manufacturing and trading of explosives, weapon, ammunition, and other products and technologies for military or police use.
In 2005, WZM received the AQAP-2110 Quality Assurance System certificate.
By 1st January 2008, WZM No. 5 State Enterprise were transformed in WZM S.A. (Joint Stock Company).
WZM S.A., created due to commercialisation, accessed the rights and the obligations of a transformed state company. Due to the aforementioned, it is not necessary to dress annexes to the contracts previously signed by WZM No. 5 State Enterprise.
We did not change:
The number in KRS (National Judicial Register) has been changed; actually, it belongs to the Regional Court in Poznań – Nowe Miasto and Wilda, VIII Department of National Judicial Register, and the number is 0000294799.